Saturday, June 30, 2012

Gazette 99, On Being, My Kind Of Man


On Being

I am the essence of ambitious themes,
A quality of much intrinsic worth;
With attributes of light and colour schemes
That quantify my spirit towards terse.                       4
Relationships within me are obtuse
All space is filled by some organic work
Where heartbeats pump to drums that are abstruse
There, in a tunnel where diseases lurk.                       8
This state where skin, like leather, hides
The churning mills that actively enrage
The enemy of life where rape abides
And through affection, warring cells engage.       12
        Where my survival is a way of life
        To make my cells a ubiquitous hive.

© Joe Lake (from Songs Of Philosophy)






My Kind Of Man

I saw you looking with a nurturing smile
At the yellow Jag, clinking keys in your hand.
You looked so suave in those tailored jeans.
 I thought, yes, this is my kind of man.
  I followed you into the library
Where I noted you looking through travel magazines
And at the check-out I saw your bundle of credit cards.
I conjured up and immersed myself with images of
Travelling together carefree in that yellow Jag,
Dinners at whim at luxury restaurants.
Yes! Yes! You are my kind of man, I thought.
When you left the library I walked behind you
And just before you reached that yellow Jag,
I accelerated my steps and accidently tripped
In front of you.
You reached down to me and you said,
Pointing at the yellow Jag, “Is this your car?”

© Judy Brumby-Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment